Careers - Shift Leader/Senior
We are searching for an energetic person to join our shift leader/senior team who can help make a difference in people’s lives.
No previous experience in care is necessary. We feel that the right qualities in a person are more important to the role. Our homes are unique in the support we provide and we have a comprehensive induction period. All training will be provided.
The qualities we are searching for are;
- Understanding the importance of structure and routines
- Leadership and team worker
- Ability to form positive relationships but enforce boundaries where necessary in best interests
- Energetic and a can-do attitude
The role requires you to;
- First and foremost meet the needs of our residents in an inclusive and person centred manner
- Organise shifts on a day to day basis ensuring that all appointments are kept and activities have staff assigned
- Liaise with the managers regarding the running of the home
- Lead activity groups in the community. This could be nature walks, swimming and bike rides, as well as trips to Longleat, Westonbirt, the beach and other places of interest
- Uphold routines, structure and boundaries
- Medication administration
- Document incidents and update records
- Understand the values of care and follow specific training.
Many activities, health appointments and other general duties require the use of our vehicles. Therefore, a full driving license is necessary.
All residents have a degree of behaviours that can challenge. We have a range of preventative procedures and techniques individual to each person, however the foundations are centred on staff building good relationships and keeping people active and engaged. There may be occasions where your role will require you to utilise physical intervention procedures to ensure the safety of residents and other staff. Full training will be provided but a confident approach is key, and will reduce the necessity for such a last resort.
The role is 40 hours a week as part of a 3 to 4 Leader/Senior team. The shifts include days, evenings, sleep-ins (not waking night) and working every third weekend.
Previous experience in such a role is not required as all training is provided during induction and ongoing. However, the ability to follow procedures and policies, understand instruction and uphold values is essential.
What we can offer you
Competitive rates of pay, limited only by your commitment and abilities
Paid annual leave – 28 days per year (Bank holidays are worked as part of the normal rota)
NEST Pension Scheme with employer contribution
Fully funded continuous development training provided
The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference
If you would like to apply for this role, please contact us via email or phone.